Facebook Fundraiser Kit
Like you, we believe in creating a humane community that improves the lives of animals in need and the people who care about them. You are making a significant impact by creating your own fundraiser on Facebook. Creating a fundraiser is easy and is a great way to invite your friends and family to contribute to a cause that is important to you. You are helping continue to change the lives of animals through adoption, treatment and delivering critical community animal programs. It is through your kindness and generosity we are able to be there for pets and people when they need us most.
Thanks for becoming a Facebook Fundraiser! We appreciate your dedication to helping Dakin Humane Society! We’ve pulled together some resources for you to lean on as you get started fundraising on Facebook. Feel free to reach out with any questions.
FACEBOOK FUNDRAISER KIT
Setting Up Your Fundraiser
Log into your personal Facebook account and follow these 7 easy steps to set up your Fundraiser-
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your newsfeed
- Click “Raise Money”
- Select “Nonprofit/Charity”
- Select “ Dakin Humane Society”
- Choose a cover photo
- Fill in the fundraiser details.
- Click Create
A Few Tips to Make Your Fundraiser A Success!
Choose an engaging photo. Choose one of the Dakin page photos that Facebook suggests, or use one from our Facebook Gallery. Give your friends a behind the scenes look at the faces they will be helping by contributing to your fundraiser. .
Make it personal. Let others know why Dakin and animals are important to you and why you'd like them to donate. Sharing your own experience is great, or you may choose to incorporate some statistics and facts about animals in need to support your cause.
Consider the following prompts to add your personal touch:
- I'm passionate about this cause because…
- My personal connection to the cause is…
- I’ve been involved with this nonprofit since...
- I’m doing this to…
Invite your Facebook network! Make sure to share your fundraiser on your Facebook page and invite your friends to participate.
TOP TIPS FOR A FACEBOOK FUNDRAISER
- Build a team to help share your fundraiser
- Think about your personal story and motivation to fundraise for the animals of Dakin
- Find photos to add to your fundraiser
- Set a reasonable goal amount and time
- Post an update to your fundraising page - announce your launch, post a photo about Dakin or our programs, show your fundraiser progress, try out a video update, emphasis the final countdown and give thanks.
- Send a personal email to your friends and family with your facebook fundraiser link.
- Share your facebook fundraiser directly on your friends’ timeline.
- Send a personal note on messenger asking your friends to contribute
- Launch a referral contest to encourage your friends to share this fundraiser
By supporting Dakin Humane Society, you give hope to the more than 20,000 pets and families who use our programs and services every year. Facebook fundraisers are a quick way for people to give to Dakin Humane Society without leaving Facebook. You can launch a fundraiser to celebrate your birthday or an upcoming event.
A single ask can go a long way. It’s easy to create a fundraiser, share it with friends and reach your goal. Your support can make a difference for animals and the people who care about them. Thank you!
SHARE YOUR STORY WITH US!
We know that every great fundraiser has a powerful story to share about why they do what they do. Tell us, in 100 words or less, why you created a fundraiser for Dakin and you may be featured in an upcoming issue of the "What’s Shakin’ At Dakin" newsletter. Send your message to email@example.com